Monday, August 27, 2012

☆Falls Trends: Black Cherry Lips

Hey Guys,

So fall is quickly approaching which means back to school for me which pains a little to write. Where did the summer go? The only thing that can possibly get me excited for fall is all the new trends which pop up this time of year. I love seeing the newest styles of boots, cardigans, eyeshadow, lipstick.. the works. Feeling inspired I sent myself over to Allure.com which I like to call my makeup encyclopedia and saw they have many posts about Fall trends. This particular posts caught my eye and I had to check it out. There are so many exciting trends but some of them don't seem user friendly. I usually stick to my natural/wearable makeup so these look a little scary. Which brings me to why I'm writing this post.. I wanted to try these out to see if I can make them wearable and change up my makeup a little this fall.

I'm going to try 3 of the trends listed which are the black cherry lips, disco black shadow and green/gold shadows. This is going to be a real adventure for me!

I didn't have a black cherry lipstick so I picked up Revlon Black Cherry since EssieButton has talked about it before and anything she buys, I tend to buy because I believe we have the same skin tone! I also checked out the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Plum Perfect and it was gorgeous but I decided to go with Estee to be safe!

Then I picked up the Maybelline New York Eye Studio Marbleized Eyeshadow in Ivy Icon because I do not have any colors in my collection like this one!

For the disco black shadow in going to use Creep from the original Urban Decay Naked palette.

So let's get experimenting!

Today I'm starting with the Black Cherry lips trend which for me was the scariest of the bunch but when I tried it, it felt surprisingly wearable! Instead of apply the lipstick in a swiping motion like I normally would, I dabbed it on a bit at a time then smudged with my finger and layered again. Then I used a concealer brush with a bit of my Maybelline Mineral Power concealer and traced around my lips giving them a smooth line.

I thought matte eyeshadow would look best with such a daring lip color so I used Naked and Buck from the Urban Decay Naked palette. I used Benefit Highbeam to highlight my cheekbones and skipped the blush (which hardly ever happens)!

So there we have it! I really like this lip color and I think I will be sporting it this fall!

What do you think of this lip color? Will you guys be trying out the black cherry lip?


☆☆☆☆

SHARE:
© makingupashlee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig