Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tips☆Making Makeup Last All Day

Via
Hey Guys,

This girl looks so sad doesn't she? All that hard work on her colorful eyeshadow that's now melting away. I guess she forgot primer! During the hot summer months we get to go outside, hang at the beach and enjoy the sun but we don't want our makeup melting off our face! It seems like most people don't wear a lot of makeup in the summer but I wear a tinted moisturizer or bb cream when my skin is good, and on days when it acts up I wear a light foundation so I need my makeup to last all day. Here are my tips:

Primer: Just like a car thats getting ready for paint needs primer, our makeup needs something to adhere to so it stays put. I would use a primer that will keep your makeup on, but not feel to heavy. I recommend Benefit That Gal primer because it illuminates your skin while priming so you have a pretty, light feeling summer glow. I've also heard many good things about L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base.

Powder: You'll need a good powder to set your foundation and to keep any oils away. If your a person who doesnt like wearing makeup on hot days, you can use your powder to control oil and even out your skin tone. I use my MAC MSF in Light or my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.

Finishing Spray: I love spraying these on after powder because it takes away any cakey-ness that powder can cause and helps to set all your makeup in place. Right now I'm using Urban Decay Deslick which works amazingly!

Waterproof Mascara: This is a must during the summer.. Girls we don't want those racoon eyes! I'm using Maybelline Mega Plush waterproof and I love it!

Exfoliated and Stained lips: To have lip color that stays put all day, first exfoliate your lips to get rid of any dry skin. I love the Lush lip scrub in Bubblegum! Then use a stain like one of the NYX Soft Matte lip creams. It will last all day long!

Make sure you bring a makeup sponge, makeup remover and some oil blotting sheets just in case your makeup has a minor meltdown. They can help you freshen up and your makeup will look freshly applied!

Do you guys have any tips for keeping your makeup on all day? Please let us know in the comments below!

☆☆☆☆
SHARE:
© makingupashlee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig