Monday, December 3, 2012

☆Haul: I Found Treasure!.. at the Drugstore?

Hey Guys!

Wowza! It was my 6th month blogiversary just a few days ago! I can't believe it's been 6 months already!

I found some new Maybelline makeup items this weekend and I wanted to share with you!

I went on a Treasure Hunt and I dragged poor Nate all around town searching for these items.. He was so tired of makeup shopping by the end of it.
I found the new Vivid lipsticks which are so beautiful and sooo bright! I almost bought Vivid Rose and Shocking Coral but I feel like they're colors I would wear in the summer rather than winter.







I also found Maybelline's The Rocket mascara which claims to give clump free volume. The packaging says "It's hard core and evenly spaced soft bristles give 8X the volume, even from root to tip, in Rocket time!" I do think it gives lots of volume and the brush makes me think of the Covergirl Lash Blast mascara brush but the bristles on The Rocket and super pointy and kinda sharp! I could feel the poke-y bristles when I put the brush near the roots of my lashes.


Maybelline The Rocket brush

Curled lashes w/ 2 coats of Maybelline
The Rocket mascara
Uncurled w/o mascara





















                      
I also picked up 2 of the new shades of Color Tattoo 24 hr Metal Collection eyeshadows in "Inked in Pink" and "Barely Branded". 

Left: Inked in Pink | Right: Barely Branded 

Left: Inked in Pink | Right: Barely Branded


I love these shades and the formula is so smooth! These are also part of the permanent collection so we won't have to all run out and try to catch these before they're gone which is awesome!

Finally I picked up one of the 2 packs of Baby Lips which have been out in the State since the end of September. I think Maybelline might have changed the packaging and put one limited edition shade per package whereas the pictures I saw on Nouveau Cheap has 2 limited edition shades per pack. :( Boo! I was really excited for Coral Crush and Twinkle but they came with Peach Kiss and Pink Punch in the new packaging and I already had both so I didn't bother.

I did pick up the pack with Pink Wink and Quench because I finished up Quench so fast and I was going to buy another. Pink Wink is such a pretty light pink and smells like Strawberries and Cream. I love it!



 Have you guys spotted any of these Maybelline products? Will you be picking any of these items up?
Ashlee Signature 1
SHARE:
© makingupashlee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig