It's been over a year now since Benefit released Hervana and I was anxiously waiting for them to release one of their stunning blushes. Finally they've come out with The Rockateur. I've heard so much hype around this little box of rose gold goodness that I just had to pick it up.
Benefit describes this blush as "a provocative rose gold cheek powder".
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Today I have a quick review of the Dior Holiday Couture Collection smokey eye palette requested by my lovely friend Chloe from xoChloeGordon! Please check out her amazing blog and YouTube channel!
This is one of many kits Dior has to offer for the holiday season.
The package is a pretty, sleek compact which is perfect for carrying around to do touch ups (which will be needed..more on that later). The packaging becomes dirty fast because it has the same texture as a Nars compact. It is fairly heavy and comes equipped with a mirror so you're ready for touch ups.
Although the shadows are fairly pigmented when swatched, they do not translate this pigmented on the lids. They are also not long wearing which is mind blowing for the cost of this palette. I've tried wearing these shadows with my Nars eyeshadow primer and my Urban Decay primer potion, which are both holy grails. Usually I will get 6-8 hours of wear with any other shadows using either primer but with these shadows, I get 3 hours at the most!
Overall, this palette looks stunning but the short wear time of the shadows do not make it worth $55. If you are looking to buy eyeshadows from Dior, I would recommend checking out one of their 5 Couleurs eyeshadow palettes instead.
Have you checked out any of Dior's Holiday Collection? Are there any holiday collections you're lusting after from any other brands?
Friday, October 4, 2013
New Benefit products.. new Urban Decay lipsticks?! Why must there be so many new launches right now?!
1 & 2. Urban Decay Revolutionary Lipstick/Lipliner in Jilted- I saw a video from Kandee Johnson, where she went to the Urban Decay offices and the CEO of Urban Decay was wearing this color. OBSESSED! I need this in my life. *Update* I now have this and I will doing a giveaway on my YouTube channel soon so keep an eye out!
3. Benefit The Rockateur- I wasn't too crazy about this blush when I saw pictures online, but I swatched it in store and it is so pretty! It's a perfect rose gold blush for those pale skinned girls out there like me.
4. Dior Creme De Rose Lip balm- Twist my rubber arm when it comes to anything Dior. I've heard great things about this lipbalm lately but I'm trying to hold out until I've finished my Nuxe Reve de Miel.
5. Bourjois Nail Polish Remover- This looks perfect for someone who changes their nail polish often like myself. We'll have our nail polish off and we'll be out the door asap.
6. Estee Lauder Raisins- Zoella talks about this palette all the time and I think these colors look perfect for fall.
7. Diorskin Forever Compact Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25- That's a mouthful! I haven't heard a bunch about this powder but anything I've tried from Dior so far, I've loved. As soon as I finish my Urban Decay Deslick powder, I'll be picking this up.
That's products I've been lusting after this month! What do you guys have on your wishlist this month?
P.S- Have you sign up for the Fabulous Fall Blog Hop?! Come join and check out some lovely other blogs!
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
I'm no Butter London expert (this is only the 2nd polish I've tried by them) but I'm obsessing over the formula.
No More Waity Katie is a purple/greige with purple sparkles. I think this is a gorgeous color for fall and adds some glam to, what would otherwise be, just another purply/greige color.
I was expecting the formulation of this polish to be super sheer but it turned out great with only 2 coats!
In this photo, I am wearing Essie's All in One base with 2 coats of No More Waity Katie and one coat of Seche Vite.
Have you tried any Butter London polishes? Is there any I should keep an eye out for? What is your fall nail polish picks?
© makingupashlee | All rights reserved.