Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Quo by Orly Color Amp'd Nail Polish

L-R: LA Dreamin, City of Angels, LA Selfie, Step 2 top coat
Hey Guys,

Today I'm here with a review of the Quo by Orly Color Amp'd nail polishes*. These polishes claim to deliver a flexible, non-damaging 2-step manicure that wears like a gel but removes like a polish. The formula provides quick dry, extended wear and allows the finish of the manicure to bounce back which help prevent smudges during the drying process.

The one that first caught my eye of the bunch was City of Angels - it screamed spring to me! I started by doing my usual manicure routine - remove old polish, trim, buff and file. I did not use a base coat with this polish because I was nervous it may mess with the gel effect so I applied City of Angels to my bare nails. The first coat was quite sheer so I applied a second after which I could still slightly see my nails through the polish so I went in for a third coat. I was happily surprised to see a pink shimmer reflex coming through the polish which I had not expected but it added a pretty dimension to the pastel blue. Then I applied a thin layer of the Step 2 top coat and watched the magic happen. The dry time felt instant compared to other polishes I have worn. Normally I put my nail polish on before bed so it can dry while I'm sleeping but after 5 minutes with the Quo by Orly, I was able to touch the polish and it did not feel tacky. After 15 minutes I decided to put the polish to the ultimate test - dishes! When I sunk my hands into the hot water - I was nervous I was destroying my freshly manicured hands but they looked great after I took them out of the water!

Left: LA Selfie Right: LA Dreamin

I am still wearing City of Angels after a week and a half with a few minor chips and am so excited to try out the other two colours!
Left: Freshly applied Right: 5 days wear
Overall I think these are a fantastic drugstore nail polish formula and I would highly recommend! Have you spotted these Quo by Orly polishes at your local Shoppers Drug Mart? What shades are on your wishlist?

Ashlee Signature 1
SHARE:
© makingupashlee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig